Wednesday 23 January 2013

Extreme Drawing


Transcription

Our drawing exercise for today was all about the idea of taking a small section of an image and blowing it up to A1 size for it to be fitted together into a giant piece of work, our groups image consisted of 49 pieces altogether and I was given piece 12 to focus on.
Our main focus was line and the medium we could use was us to up except it had to be black, my choice my to use fine liners and biro.
Here are some images of me developing my section throughout the day.






Once all 49 pieces were complete it was the task of piecing them all together and seeing the final piece as a whole.










Here is my original square and the original final piece.


Overall I feel that the pieces really came well together and it was interesting to see how everyone had approached it differently with people using different techniques. Personally I feel it would have been more consistent if we all used the same medium, but somehow with it all being different it gives it an abstract edge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment