Monday 28 January 2013

Drawing: Geometry


So another week of drawing begins and this time we are here to look at geometry and how each shape can be translated.
So first I had to look at the idea of drawing shapes free hand. So a square free hand and a circle free hand all different sizes, they didn’t need to be neat just accurate. Sounds a lot simpler than it is.


This idea of drawing something accurate like a shape free hand is very hard and one I really struggled with. This is something I feel I will need to practice and one that I feel will come with time. Below is a step by step that we agreed on, on how to get the perfect square.
After doing this I selected 2 patterned sheets, which contained different shapes, and from this and with the help of my free hand shape drawings I had to copy the patterns free hand and see if I could work out the relationship between the lines and shapes.

I really did struggle with this, either my shapes got bigger or smaller next to each other and when this happened it set off a domino effect which affect all the other shapes and pattern around, therefore I had to keep going back and altering it. I tried a number of different techniques with me even breaking one of the patterns down into smaller shapes and lines I could detect. This is something that I feel is an on-going process and one that you would need to keep returning to get an accurate drawing.









No comments:

Post a Comment