Thursday 24 January 2013

Extreme drawing


Fabric to paper

Another day of extreme drawing, where we were told to bring in a piece of fabric with an interesting pattern, black ink and a very large sheet of paper.
I choose this fabric due to the interesting pattern and the interesting texture the pattern create.
From this I masked off a small section of the fabric and then I was told to blow this up onto paper think about the marks and the accuracy of the marks. The fact that something is more accurate than neat was important within this task.
From this I marked out the most important and predominate marks making sure they sat on my page in the correct place.
For me to then look at the texture of the woven fabric and how I could translate this on to paper.



Overall I found this task quite a challenge due to the fact it was such a large-scale drawing and I tend to struggle with this. Also the fact it is hard to replicate fabric onto paper with such accuracy.





No comments:

Post a Comment