Thursday 31 January 2013

Drawing: magnifying


Today was all about taking an image and really analysing it closely. So I masked off an area of my chosen image no bigger than a matchbox size and I began to analyse it.


I wanted to capture the detail of the reflection and the water and this gave the image an abstract effect already without me enlarging it onto A4 paper.
Once I had done this I took half of my A4 image and drew this out onto another A4 sheet to enlarge it and capture more of the detail I did this another 5 times, so id half the image and enlarge as I went along. This created an interesting series of images and an image so distant from its original.








I found this an interesting way of looking at things and one that could really help me in future reference to my work. As it is so distant from it original yet the initial starting point was there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment