Sunday 21 October 2012

Rough guide




First project?? New City, where do you start?? This project was all about exploring the city, and being relatively new to the city this would be the perfect way to explore and get lost within London.
 I was given the area of Soho, Covent Garden and China Town areas that I had been to before, but as a tourist this time I was here to look at the things that weren’t the obvious, things that really embodied the city. 
With such a vast area and ones that are all so contrasting I had no idea where to being. However I set off with my camera and sketchbook in tow in search of inspiration and a new way of looking at the city around me.














With so many idea and images taken I felt that I needed to figure out my ideas and being to narrow them down




This then gave me a better understanding of what I wanted to do so I set off again with the task of collecting as many menus, napkins, fliers and leaflets as I could. With I would then use to create pages within my sketchbook.










After discussing with other peers within my given area we choose to include this page:





This page included a page from a Chinese news paper as well as me writing the words china 78 times to represent the number of Chinese restaurants that I had tallied within the area.

And here it is the final copy of the book with everyone’s page in it, including mine.






No comments:

Post a Comment