Sunday 13 October 2013

Pattern as Expression


My chosen territories of practice was pattern as expression and I was quite intrigued to see what this brought. I was looking forward to the fact it was a cross discipline unit and I was also interested in how each discipline would approach this title

This Territory of Practice unit will hopefully explore the idea of patterning and researching the form of making pattern via designing in the computer. By producing patterns, the process will focus upon unlocking the design potential of digital transformation as a form of personal expression. Through a series of selected processes, e.g. pleating the surfaces curved folding or crumpling, an outcome will emerge.

My outcomes for this unit are this blog, and 270cm3 surface.

My first lesson was generally talking about the brief and what was expected of us also looking at a few designer and initial ideas to help us. A few designers and artiest we looked at included: Noriko Ambe, Atelier OI, Atopos, Sandra Backlund and Chis Bosse.
 


Noriko Ambe     

Atelier OI     
Atopos     
Sandra Backlund  

Chis Bosse

No comments:

Post a Comment