Friday 1 November 2013

Pattern as Expression: Laser cutting



After selecting a pattern such a as William Morris pattern it was time to use illustrator and lets just say I’m not a fan and find it challenging to use the pen tool was defiantly my new best friend, but once I had made a vector illustration I was pretty much there. After this it was time to use the laser cutter. But due to illness I was unable to go on the day and time selected for me and there was no other time before this work need to be handed in therefore I had to cut my stencil by hand. However I had been inducted in the laser cutter before so I know all about the process and what sort of effect it can achieve.

my stencil
laser cutter room Chelsea  
some work within laser cutting

laser cutter

No comments:

Post a Comment