Tuesday 13 November 2012

Pop up Collection: Drawing




After doing my first technical block of stitch we was given a week that consisted of our first assessment and more drawing activates.

I looked at created texture, so with mine being plastic I looked at things that could replicate this, using things like collage with magazine cut outs, sellotape, acetate, etc. I began looking at shape and form as well and seeing how I could combine my objects. I also looked at transformation and this ide of looking at your objects differently and this idea they could be transformed into something else their purpose could change altogether.

Here are some examples of what I did:






Here I looked at texture in relation to my collection.







I began looking at shape and colour and which colour combination I want to take forward.







Here I looked at transformation and the idea of my objects being interpreted at something else like salt and peppershakers and headphones. I also looked at the idea of my objects morphing from one of my objects to another, a Russian doll to building stacks.

Hopefully these drawing will help me in my other technical blocks. I feel that these exercises have helped my consider my objects in a different light and I have began to look at my objects differently, more as a single discipline instead of just an object.

No comments:

Post a Comment